FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £30
FREE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £30
Cart 0

Candle Care

At Lily & Faith we strive to deliver you with a premium product each and every time you shop with us. That's why we take the utmost care with each hand poured candle and only use high quality ingredients. All of our candles and wax melts are made with a premium soy wax. This plant-based wax is a completely natural renewable resource and provides a long list of environmental advantages including being non toxic, bio-degradable and clean burning. Our candles and wax melts are also scented with high quality fragrance oils containing no phthalate or parabens. 

How do i get the most out of my candle?

It might sound dramatic but your 'first burn' dictates how well your candle will burn for the rest of its life. A candle only remembers the burn radius of its last burn. 

This is why it's so important to allow your candle to burn for a full 1-2 hours the very first time you light it. This allows the melted wax to reach the edges of the glass jar, creating a full and an even melt pool. 

Keep the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch to ensure your candle is burning gently. This also stops your wick from 'mushrooming' at the top. If you do have a mushroom wick, that means you need to trim your wick. At Lily & Faith we send your candle with the wick already trimmed to the desired length so you're good to go as soon as you get it.

Don't burn your candle for more than 4 hours and keep the melt pool clean/ free from debris. If your candle is creating an uneven burn, simply rotate the candle jar to the side that needs more heat. Uneven burns can sometimes happen by light drafts within the home. Please note, it is normal for natural soy wax to dry with an uneven surface after lighting. Remember - this is soy in it's purest form. 

Changes in temperature may also cause "wet spots" on candles. This is a term used to describe a spot on a candle jar that looks as if water has seeped in between the wax and the jar - don't worry there isn't. This is a natural occurrence that can happen when candles go through changes in temperature. These "wet spots" do not affect the way your candles burn or smell in any way.

Safety Tips...

Do not leave your candles unattended and remember to place away from draft, children and pets. Always place candles on a leveled/heat-resistant surface.